Fuel for cars and motorcycles
Fuel needed for most vehicles.
- Item weight : 1 g
Conversion : 1000 items = 1k items = 1000 g = 1 kg = 1L
For example, 5kk gasoline = 5,000 k gasoline = 5,000 L of gasoline
Gasoline is a very valuable resource in DayR, mostly due to its essential nature in using motor vehicles.
While not extremely useful near the start of the game, it is recommended to horde as much of it as possible, and if it cannot be carried with you, to put it in a easily accessible camp.
Gasoline is required to be in your inventory while using motorized vehicle. Gasoline gets used at an extordinarly fast rate at times.
- Driving cars
- Fueling Primus stove
- Fueling chainsaws (? - ? Firewood/L)
- Crafting torches
- Crafting molotov cocktail
- Used in some medicinal recipies
- Building and/or fueling up the water purifier and the steelmaking furnace
- Fueling up the generator
- Car workshop
- Gas station
- Bandit city forts
- Bandit camps
- Garages in military bases, police departments , technical schools
Disassembling vehicles Edit
Broken vehicles found in gas stations, car workshop, on the road, ... can be either disassembled with a Tool kit or drained to retrieve fuel without any tools . Quantities of fuel depends on vehicle type :
- Motorcycle: 0.3-1l
- ZAZ-968 : 0.75-1.5l
- VAZ-2101 : 1.0-2.0l
- GAZ-24: 1.25-2.5l
- UAZ-469 : 1.5-3l
- UAZ-452: 2.0-4.0l
- ZIL-130: 2.5-5.0l
NPC Trading Edit
- Sulfuric acid x1 > Gasoline x1k (Tiumen)
- 100k gasoline for 500 caps
- Try to use motorcycle (between towns) and a bicycle with a cart (in towns) as much as possible, as they use the least/no gas. Use bigger vehicles only for transporting "master stash" or heavy quest items (like nuclear reactor parts) to reduce the (fuel used)/(workload) ratio. As a general rule, vehicles should always be loaded at their maximum workload when going back to base to maximise fuel usage.
- Another smart idea is to travel by sea/river with a raft - it can carry the bicycle and small amount of items for reaching distant islands/neighbouring sea towns