Follow this quest to get the BelAZ.
Head to Mirny and talk to Vladimir. He'll tell you all about his plans to build the greatest wasteland conquering machine of all time. He just needs a little help and then he'll agree to let you be "steersman".
Unfortunately, a little help happens to be a ridiculously long list of materials. So if the BelAZ is your goal, start accumulating these items from Day 1.
THIS IS THE HARDEST, MOST TIME CONSUMING QUEST IN THE GAME. EXPECT MINIMUM 20 HOURS OF GRIND TO COMPLETE THIS LIST.
|Moving Town||Note No. 1|
|Moving Town||Note No. 2|
To complete the quest you'll need to bring back to Mirny:
- Nuclear reactor part X3
- Clean water X1000
- Steel tools X10
- Auto spare parts X500
- Iron pipe X1000
- Car battery X50
- Scrap X100,000
- Steel X100,000
- Lead X100,000
- Nail X10,000
- Wire X10,000
- Insulating tape X1000
Comprehensive guide about materials gathering
Required and recommended items for gathering
List is organised from the most important to the least important. Notice last items will significantly improve quality of life, and are relatively easy to craft.
- KamAZ (required to move nuclear reactor parts)
- Steel making furnace
- Forge chimney
- Greenhouses to farm potatoes and corn for trading.
- Electric car for easier looting and trading.
- Wooden house or better
Required and recommended skills for gathering
Start training !
- Mechanics skill - Level 13 for KamAZ
- Blacksmithing skill - Level 6 for barrels, steel, and steel tools
- Cooking skill - Level 8 (max) for Whiskey (though you can skip this and obtain whiskey from bandit camps)
- Chemistry skill - Recommend Level 5 for car batteries
Starting point should be to get the KamAZ and set up your base next to Petropavlovsk (if you're going to grind nails), or Ufa (if you're going to grind for honey and sulfuric acid), or some other location not to far off the main trading routes.
You need to gather huge amounts of bricks, scrap metal, firewood and fire-bricks to make the requisite buildings. Being closer to a city will save fuel/resources. You should already have assembled the Electromobile, it is very efficient to collect or trade for diesel and other materials.
Notice the Kamaz is very fuel-efficient when loaded at maximal capacity : moving 2,2 tons of materials will only consume 1L per 100km. It is still efficient when considering a two-way trip with an empty trip.
|3x||They are found in Chernobyl, which is in the far west. It's a small square on the map called "CNPP" almost directly west of Moscow. Each part weights 40 tons, you will be above 80% in your KamAZ and moving slowly on the way back to Mirny.
Try to follow the straightest possible line. Despite automatically stopping at the edge with a warning, you can cross rivers in a KamAZ. It doesn't use up extra diesel, it just takes forever. You may use cities jutting into the river as shortcuts. If you avoid cities, you shouldn't get attacked in a KamAZ, so you can travel light. You'll need to bring enough for about 12 repairs (120 autoparts, 24 tires, etc) and enough food (10 meat stew and 20 water, if you let yourself go hungry; otherwise double that)
|1000x Clean water||You should know where to get water by now !|
|10x||Can be made with the forging skill and steel. Easy enough given that you need 100,000 steel for this quest.|
|500x||picked up from Car Workshop, Garage or in the road where broken cars sit.|
|1000x||forged with scrap metal, can do 50 at a time or found in construction sides.|
|50x Car battery||there are several ways to obtain them, and since 50 is a lot, use a combination of all of the following: Method 1 is the moonshine cycle. You can trade 1 Car battery for 50 moonshine at Chelyabinsk Survivor Camp. Method 2 is to craft using a broken automotive battery and 15 sulfuric acid. Grinding bees in Ufa for honey and sulfuric acid is one option (trade honey for soap for acid) but a better way is to craft it (see method below). Method 3 is to destroy mid to high level bandit camps and dismantle their one working vehicle for a working battery.|
|100,000x Scrap||can collect from ruins or broken cars in the road; this is very heavy, so either deliver this with the steel in your KamAZ or just wait and scavenge scrap from the villages and towns surrounding Mirny|
|100,000x Steel||hardest and longest part of the quest. Steel making furnace needs to be built first which takes ages. After that, you need 1k coal to make approx 2k steel so to make 100k steel, you need 50k coal. Coal is made from charcoal piles which require 200 firewood to make approx 225 coal so you need approx 45k firewood so...get chopping that wood! If you have any extra gasoline or sulfuric acid (see below), chainsaws will help save you from tapping your fingers numb and getting carpal tunnel syndrome.|
|100,000x Lead||easy to get from broken automotive batteries, approx 1.5k per battery. Batteries are quite heavy but can be found with broken cars in the road. You need approx 67 batteries to get 100k lead.|
|10,000x Nail||Forged from scrap metal.|
|10,000x Wire||Forged from scrap metal.|
|1,000x Insulating tape||found in many buildings and can also be traded at Krasnoyarsk at 1 sugar for 1 tape. To get 1k you would need 1k sugar.|
To get the 3 reactor parts with your KamAZ you will need an incredible amount of diesel fuel : a round trip from Mirny to CNPP and back again requires just under 3kk diesel. So three trips plus another ~1M to bring your steel/scrap/pipes to Mirny in the first place requires approximately 10 M diesel. Save diesel, beware to plan carefuly your trips when using your KamAZ for anything other than for this quest.
- Find diesel by tediously collecting from around the map
- Buy with caps at the shop (especially if you stumble upon a discount diesel ticket),
- Use the honey/sulfuric acid trade routes.
Obtaining sulfuric acid for trading:
- Method 1 is to kill and butcher bees to synthetize sulfuric acid.
- Method 2 is to use the trade route to get colloidal sulfur from moonshine: Irkutsk 25 moonshine to 500 salt, then Krasnoyarsk 500 salt to 2 rubber parts, then Novosibirsk 2 rubber part to 40 coffee, then Omsk 40 coffee to 8 vodka, then Petropaviovsk 8 vodka to 160 cigarettes, then Tyumen 160 cigarettes to 4000 Machine Oil, then Sverdlovrsk 4000 Machine Oil to 20k lead, then Chelyabinsk 20k lead to 2 electrodes, then Magnitogorsk 2 electrodes to 2 cement, then Chelyabinsk 2 cement to 20 spark plugs, then Sverdlovrsk 20 spark plugs to 200 auto spare part, then Tyumen 200 auto spare part to 4 colloidal sulfur.
Then you can craft from sulfur and saltpeter.
The BelAZ is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Besides not needing fuel it travels through water almost as fast as land! Enjoy.
1) Do the Moving Town quest before you need the Helicopter for the Family Matters quest to save fuel. You can easily transport the helicopter in your brand new BelAZ.
2) When you finally make it to Vlad the Lad with everything you need your KamAZ cannot carry everything at once because it's too heavy. Take each reactor part on top of him and drop it there one at a time, then bring everything else you need, then drive to him again, load everything into your inventory and talk to him and you can complete the quest.
3) Unless you really enjoy grinding, determine how much your time is worth to you. Buying the premium version of game so you can save/load alone is worth it. Each diesel station has 5 chances to search, each search can produce 1-50k diesel. Save/load to make sure you get at least 40k per search. The same goes for getting steel (aim for at least 2.5k per cycle).