Murmansk has two parts of the Searching Of Truth quest. It is also where you get the radio for the Retribution quest. Its radiation is low-average (around 0.8 per hour). This city is definitely worth stopping at in any play through, as not only it is necessary for the main quest and a profitable secondary, but it also has many important beginner items, like gas masks and two broken bicycles.
The player should be careful when entering the city, as it is home to an extremely aggressive old lynx. Entering the town without at least an axe can be dangerous. The following animals can be hunted:
Murmansk possesses the following special buildings:
It also has 14 intact houses, 6 ruins, 5 car spots and 1 dirty water crater.
Notable Loot Edit
- The Military Base has the Radio (Retribution Quest), AK-74 cartridge case and a knapsack (good for beginners)
- The Police Department has Makarov handgun cartridge cases, Caps and a Broken UAZ-469 off-road car
- The Garage has a Broken Bicycle, a Crowbar and a Tool Kit
- The Post Office has The newspaper (Searching of Truth Quest) and a Broken Bicycle
- The Department Store has a Chainsaw (no fuel), Potassium nitrate, Colloidal sulfur and a cart
- The Hospital has Metocaine and Alcohol
- The Northeast car point has a Mystery Coupon
The following vehicles can be found broken on the streets:
- 3 UAZ-452 vans (2 with gas)
- 4 VAZ-2101 cars (3 with gas)
- 1 Ural Motorcycle
- 2 GAZ-24 cars (1 with gas)
- 1 ZIL-130 truck
Real Life Edit
Murmansk is north of the Arctic Circle and so in summer it has endless days and in winter it has endless nights.
Murmansk was the last city founded in the Russian Empire. In 1915, World War I needs led to the construction of the railroad from Petrozavodsk to an ice-free location on the Murman Coast in the Russian Arctic, to which Russia's allies shipped military supplies.