Survivors camps host NPCs that will offer you items in exchange of other items.
End-game content requires lots of items : this NPC trade system is essential to quickly gather lots of materials, like gasoline or tape.
At some point, with the right vehicles, it is also possible to create circular trade routes (trading item A for item B, then B for C, then C for A, rinse and repeat) with benefits (finish with more items than you begin with).
Beware to calculate you fuel consumption and to take in account the wear and tear of your vehicle to make sure the trade route will effectively be profitable.
Straight trading routes Edit
Best page regarding trading in DayR. You will enjoy reading this page. I created a trading chart while playing DayR for analysis. There are 9 Survival bases in DayR. Each trader gives 5 choices,hence 9x5=45 items can be purchased with trade. Loop 1 and 2 have a full circle gain of more than 1, 1.333 for one of them I calculated. i.e. if you start with 100 Flour and trade it with items and again return to Flour (400 Salt= 100 Flour) you will end up with more Flour if you calculate the gains bysimply multiplying them.
Trade items simplified
Trade Items:what all you can buy in DayR, in a loop.
There are gains with respect to the images,they are how many further items you get for current item. A gain of 2 means you get 2 items for 1 item (e.g. 2 Salt for 1 Firebrick).
So go ahead make nails and moonshine and get expensive stuffs.
The items in blocks are the ones you can get easily, e.g. nails, steel, chitin, bone, moonshine, firebricks.
Straight routes examples :
- Route 1 : Final gain = 1.3333
- Sulfur: 20 Potato;
- Potato: 50 Nail; 0.1 Skin;
- Nail: 1/20 Tea; 1/20 Rice
- Tea: 5 Sugar; 5 Cucumber; 5 Tomato
- Tomato: 1/2 Meat;
- Sugar: 1/250 Cement;
- Cement: 50 Coffee:
- Coffee: 1/5 Chlorcisatamin:
- Chlorcisatamin: 1 Honey:
- Honey: 5 Soap; 2 Cabbage;
- Soap: 2/5 Sulfuric Acid; 1 Rope;
- Rope: 1 Steel
- Steel: 1/10 Battery; 1/10 Wheat, 1/10 Spare parts (auto/bicycle/motorcycle can be chosen)
- Acid: 1000 Gasoline; 2000 Diesel;
- Gasoline: 1/3000 Sulfur; 1/2000 Homemade wine;
- Route 2 : Final gain=1.25
- Flour: 1/200 Car Battery
- Car battery: 5 Moonshine
- Moonshine: 1 Steel Cable
- Steel cable: 1/2 Potassium Nitrate; 5 Ciggerettes;
- Cigarettes: 2 Paper
- Potassium Nitrate: 2 Vodka
- Vodka: 50 Firebrick
- Firebrick: 2 Salt
- Salt: 1/50 Bryocarm; 1/5 Flour
- Bryocarm: 10 Apple
- Apple: 1/2 Bone
- Bone: 1 Corn
- Corn: 50 Lead
- Lead: 1/25 Tape
- Route 3 :
- Chitin: 100 Scrap Metal
Nail-based trading routes Edit
The idea is to start with something easy to craft and to trade items in chains until you get what you want.
Picture explanations :
- On the left - Town to go to
- Numbers - quantity you need to buy 1 unit
- To see how much you need to buy something down the chain, you need to multiply all the numbers in-between. E.g. To see how many Nails for Cement - you multiply 20 * (1/5) * 250 = 1000, so you need 1000 Nails for 1 Cement.(as written in the photo)
- As a result of the Trading routes, a strategy would be to make Forge chimney In Petropavlovsk and a Steel furnace in Omsk.
After that you go to different towns and trade.
|↓||x 1 / 5||Novosibirsk||↓||x 1 / 5||Krasnoyarsk||↓||x 1 / 5||Irkutsk|
|↓||x 250||Krasnoyarsk||↓||x 2||Omsk|
|↓||x 1 / 50||Irkutsk|
|↓||x 1 / 5||Omsk||↓||x 1 / 2||Petropavlovsk|
|↓||x 1/40-1/20||Tear||↓||x 1||Magnitogorsk|
|↓||x 10||Tyumen||↓||x 10||Tyumen|
|↓||x 5 / 2||Sverdlovsk||Pasta||Wheat|
|Sulfuric acid||Sulfuric acid|
|↓||x 1 / 1k||Tyumen||↓||x 1 / 2k||Tyumen|
|↓||x 3k||Sverdlovsk||↓||x 2k||Novosibirsk|
|Colloidal sulfur||Homemade wine|
|↓||x 1 / 20||Chelyabinsk|
|↓||x 10||Omsk||↓||x 1 / 10||Magnitogorsk|
|↓||x 1 / 2||Novosibirsk|
|↓||x 1 / 50||Krasnogorsk|
|↓||x 1 / 2||Irkutsk|
|↓||x 4||Tyumen||↓||x 50||Krasnoyarsk|
|↓||x 200||Sverdlovsk||↓||x 1 / 10||Novosibirsk|
|↓||x 1 / 5||Chelyabinsk||↓||x 2||Omsk|
|↓||x 1||Magnitogorsk||↓||x 1||Petropavlovsk|
|↓||x 1 / 5||Petropavlovsk||↓||x 1 / 50||Magnitogorsk|
|↓||x 1 / 2||Irkutsk||↓||x 25||Sverdlovsk|
There are some more recipes that don't fit the table: - 1 Bike/motor/auto Spare parts for 10/10/10 Steel in Chelyabinsk - 1 Battery(for Flashlight) for 10 Steel in Svredlovsk