After finishing the Remember all quest you will get this quest.
The Horror Edit
1) This is horrible... I'm all in a tremor... the city is dead!Everywhere these skulls with gaping mouths, piles of skeletons dressed in snippets of clothes. These scenes returned again and again before my eyes! who or what could kill them all? What should I do now? I don't know.
Now I go to Murmansk (Му́рманск). I hope someone out there can explain me what happened. I hope there is someone to explain me that...
- Got to Murmansk
Murmansk is not that far it is just down the road/railway line as you approach you will see the quest icon.
2) Its's all over.Murmansk is dead. There is no electricity nor water. I will try to find something that can explain the awful deaths and the reason of my survival.
Find the last issue of newspaper "Murmansk messenger")
- Newspaper "Murmansk messenger"
Hint: You can find it as the Post office in the middle of town
3) It can be seen how briefly the activists triumphed... At least, this newspaper gives some clue. If there was a war or an epidemic - the lack of gasoline wouldn't be on the front page. But the interruption of fuel supply must have some reasons also. I hope, the situation in the next town is different... (follow to find new evidence in Petrozavodsk (Петрозаводск))
- Place to go Petrozavodsk
- Newspaper "Murmansk messenger"
Newspaper "Murmansk messenger"
WHEN WILL THEY RETURN GASOLINE? The members of the public organization "Our Murmansk" issued an official requirement to the town council: They want to know the causes of a fuel crisis. For the third day already there is no cars in the streets of our city - there is only trolley buses. Meanwhile, the activists of Healthy Lifestyle enjoy their triumph, (...)
Continue the Retribution quest till you need to go to Moscow. Then find a Bicycle (+ cart) or fix a Motorcycle it is a long way by foot.
4) On my way to Petrozavodsk I seen the different manifestations of death, and this city is not exception. Well, Lets see what we can find here. (find a letter of a soldier)
- Soldier's Letter
- Place to go Military base
5) In the military unit, I found an interesting letter of a soldier. He talks about the fluster in the military unit, and of the rumors about the impending war. The war would explain a lot, except the unusual deaths. (go to Severodvinsk (Северодвинск))
- Place to go Severodvinsk
- Soldier's letter
I hope that they don't read our letters yet. Yesterday I overheard a conversation and since then I have not stopped trembling. General Markov discussed with someone the reform plan to begin a war. This week already!!! They were talking not only about the infantry and vehicles, but about nuclear attack! I'm going to escape. Mom, if you are reading this, stock the products and start looking for a safe shelter far from the city! I will try to find you. Love you, son.
6) On the streets of Severodvinsk, there are mostly corpses of soldiers, judging by snippets of clothes. People were dying right in their homes, not allowed to go outside by authorities in a vain attempt to hold back the unknown enemy. Maybe someone knew the truth? I should look for answers in a district hospital. (find the diary of a sanitary assistant)
- Place to go Hospital
- Diary of a sanitary assistant
Unknown Enemy Edit
7) I found a diary of a sanitary assistant. I doubt that these described patients with burns and the rest (died without symptoms) are associated with just one event. But such a conclusion just comes to my mind. I just need to understand how it is connected. Is it a combination of biological and nuclear weapons? No chance to find the answer until I understand who was the aggressor. (Go to Vologda (Вологда)).
- Place to go Vologda
Diary of a sanitary assistant Edit
They brought a few dozen of wounded with burns of varying degrees to our hospital. But it was not a fire, such burns are typical for victims of radiation, such are usually brought from shipbuilding yard, after accidents at nuclear submarines... But they are usually two or three, not so much! It is only half of the problem - we are still locked up here in the hospital. We are sitting here for the second day already without any contacts. Everyone gets rattled.
8) On the outskirts of the city I found a dead body of a man holding a film camera in his hands. He was definitely filming something prior to his death. This could be some family video, but I must check. I have to find a photo lab to develop this film. (Find a photo lab and develop the film. You need: developing tank, developer, fixative and clean water.)
- Developing tank
- Clean water.
- Place to go Photo Lab
9) This fan of movies and nature filmed the explosion. You cannot confuse nuclear explosion with anything! It could explain a lot, but it also lead me to some new questions. The main question is still the same: who is our enemy? (follow to Yaroslavl (Ярославль))
- Place to go Yaroslavl
- Film stock
Now the film is transparent and you can view it. Picturesque landscapes is suddenly turns into a large mushroom cloud on the horizon. The camera immediately starts shaking and after it is dropped on the ground.
10) Yaroslavl looks different. All other cities were destroyed, just like after war. Here, something strange is happened: there is no such ruins, but the people... Looking at these skeletons, it seems that they were just falling down on the streets, dying instantly. But what was the cause? I feel, I'm already close to the truth. (Search for something extraordinary)"},
- Place to go Big Crater
Ground Zero Edit
11) I found several unusual photos of a panicking crowd on a destroyed street. There is also a strange crater with a scarlet glowing object. Last photo represents this object, but it is already dark-red. It seems like the red-hot metal had cooled down
- Place to go Crater
12 There it is, the street from the photo. There is a crater and a lot of skeletons, but the strange red object is missing. Who could take it? I start my searching by checking the local police department.
- Place to go Police station
13) These guys didn't even manage to bring this red thing into the station... They all dropped dead right in front of the door. It's a capsule. It is made of some lightweight metal, but it is very hard at the same time. The front part of the capsule has been opened. It's empty. I think, it's a shell, perhaps for a biological weapon. No wonder the police officers died so fast... I definitely shouldn't touch this capsule. There is nothing to do here. I have to check the other big towns to find more answers. (go to Nizhny Novgorod (Нижний Новгород)
- Place to go Nizhniy Novgorod
14) Here is another one ruined hospital. The scene is still the same - skeletons are all around, a lot of them are dressed in snippets of medical uniform. It is unthinkable, what had happened here... In the hall of hospital there are a lot of stretchers with dead bodies - patients were dying before getting treatment. Medical staff also was lucked out. Clearly, no one knew how to cope with this disaster... This building can collapse at any moment, I don't want to stay here any more. I will find as much medicines as I can and maybe, some documents, and then I'll leave.
- Hospital charts
- Place to go hospital
15) I found a folder with hospital charts in the bookcase. So, it's still some biological weapons. But the nuclear explosion, how to explain it? How it is connected with an epidemic? I have to know... (follow to Cheboksary (Чебоксары).
- Place to go Cheboksary
- Hospital charts
The disease begins with asthenia and fever. Symptoms of intoxication increase, such as dehydration and mental impairment. In a few hours (in a 10-20 minutes in the worst case) fatal outcome occures. The autopsists' reports didn't clarify anything: lesion of kidney, liver, heart... and in conclusion - some unknown infection as a cause of disease.
16) I almost got used to all these horrible scenes of death. I feel having an endless nightmare with destroyed cities, with dead bodies gaping hollow orbits on the streets... I have almost lost hope to meet somebody alive. I have lost even my feelings, I'm just instinctively surviving. But I have to know what the hell had happened! Maybe this knowledge will lead me to someone who had survived!..
- Policeman's Diary
- Place to go: Police department of Cheboksary
17) I found a policeman's diary in the local police department. He was on the verge of a nervous breakdown, judging by uneven handwriting. Poor guy... And now I have a first reference to a radiation injury!.. ..And to unknown virus also. Maybe the explosion caused spreading of virus? Or these two disasters aren't connected to each other? Anyway, I'm getting close to the truth! I have to go on moving while I'm able to go. I still hope to find people. (follow to Kazan (Казань))
- Place to go Kazan
The phone doesn't stop ringing, but nobody have time to answer. Only ten or fifteen person left in our department, the most of them are becoming demented. I'm not sure I will keep my sanity and my life also. It's a real apocalypse! Today our people rebelled again, they become more and more mad every day. Broken shopwindows and crumpled cars are everywhere, marauders have grown insolent. We just can't stop it already: all our requests for help to other departments were ignored. I'm afraid, the situaion is similar in the nearby cities. And nobody knows, what the fuck is going on! People are dying, and the medics can't explain it. I heard two doctors talking about a radiation injury, but the newspapers tell about some unknown virus... The world has gone totally mad!
Human Life Edit
EVENT: Upon arrival at Kazan you will encounter a mad man you need to attack and kill him to proceed. (This is not hard and there is no trauma to you)
19) I'm trembling... I just can't realize what has just happened. At last, I met a human, but it was far from a meeting that I was waiting for... I come in the abandoned house looking for some food. I saw him in the room. He had hidden behind some broken furniture. I could just discern his bloody hands and some tatters he was dressed in. And his mad eyes... He jumped to me, and began to beat me, spluttering and roaring, he even tried to bite me! I sent him flying to the wall, he banged his head and went limp. It was a human being. The only human being I met... And I killed him. What the hell could make him mad? (go to Ulianovsk (Ульяновск)
- Place to go Ulianovsk
- Pick up the loot from the mad man
HINT: this is a good location to head to Ufa and Tiumen to beg for acid for fuel if you want. but I not a recommend course of action as you will need to come back to this location to continue the quest.
20) I found another one's diary. I think it was a patient of hospital. He also talks about a virus. The awful epidemic killed these people. I should be careful - the virus may be still active. And I still have to know something about this nuclear explosion.
- Place to go Syzran
My fever increases... My doctor promises that I'll be all right. But he doesn't look confident. Furthermore, I think, he doesn't care. Nobody cares... There is only one nurse in our unit, we're out of drugs. Wards are full of patients, and a dozen of us die everyday. I still don't know what's happen to my family - we got to the different wards. I can't walk without anyone's help, and nobody answers my questions. I heard a doctor talking about spreading of infection. Our fate has already sealed. I see all this people suffering and dying. I'm not even sure that it's all real... I already loose my mind.
HINT: Syzran is inside a radiation zone. Use chlorcistamin to increase radiation resistance or travel fast. The radiation level in city is less than just outside - Edge of the city is about 3.5 rad/hour - Inside Syzran it is about 0.7 rad/hour so travel fast and get into the city as fast as you can. Then do the same in reverse. Remember to use vodka and meds to reduce radiation and keep it below 20 or max 30 else you will get radiation sickness.
21) Seems like there's nothing useful here. I found just an article from some "yellow" newspaper. It's a letter of some crazy woman who talks about her kidnapping by aliens. Nonsense! I didn't get any information. I leave. (follow to Saratov (Саратов)
- Place to go Saratov
Hint: if you have not used chlorcistamin it is best to exit the rad zone as fast as you can. if you have and have a motorcycle or car you can travel onward to Saratov with in about 13 hours so make sure your out.
22) I found a dictaphone, but it's not working. I should find the batteries.
- Doctors Diary (make the dicaphone work)
Hint: To get the doctors diary you need to make the dicaphone work. It can be found in the quest items and you need to load 3 batteries to get it to work.
23) Finally, I found something interesting! It's a diary of a scientist, female doctor who were studying the unknown lethal disease. And she supposed to have an immunity herself! If it's true, she may be alive! Anyway, now I have a hope to find a sane person alive. I go to Volgograd (Волгоград) following the doctor.
- Place to go Volgograd
Doctor's Diary (dictaphone)
Now I'm sure that the radiation injury wasn't the real cause of deaths. I has doubted until today because of symptoms of radiation sickness. But this morning I made analysis of patients' blood once more and finally I found antibodies (I think, to some infectional factor). I knew it from the very beginning - this disease is spreading like the typical infection. However, our antibiotics are ineffective. Maybe we should try antiviral therapy. Furthermore, I must find out the reason of my own resistance to this infection. As soon as I will succeed in treatment of patients, I will go to other cities to continue my research. Probably, some results of my work will be helpful. First of all, I want to visit Volgograd (Волгоград). I have to know what is the scope of epidemic. I never seen such an agressive infectious agent. It's hard not to panic sometimes...
24) If I want to find the doctor, I should go to a hospital.
- Place to go Volgograd hospital
- Doctor's Diary
25) The local hospital is utterly ruined, just like the previous one. But there is a lab in the basement, and one can see that somebody was working there not a long time ago. Judging by papers I found, it was the doctor of Saratov. It seems that she was succeed... Great, it means that the methods of treatment was found in spite of everything! My hope to meet somebody became stronger. I should follow the doctor to find people. She wrote something about Astrakhan (Астрахань).
- Place to go Astrakhan
Found Items :
Doctor's Diary (paper)
At last, we have a result - the antiviral therapy is working! The symptoms of disease are supressed for the most of patients. If we will apply my treatment scheme everywhere, the only problem left will be the radiation sickness. I will leave my recommendations to collegues and will move on. I have taken a lot of anti- radiation drugs, and I already feel the side effects. But I must share my discovery with my collegues in Astrakhan (Астрахань). I'm afraid, the disease is spreading extremely fast. Our purpose is to save as many lifes as we can.
26) To a hospital!
- Place to go Astrakhan hospital
27) I didn't find any doctor's notes in the local hospital. Maybe she even didn't came to Astrakhan... I lost my hope again. But I was so close... Okay, let's look for some other evidences here. Maybe I will find some drugs... There is nothing interesting here. Probably, I should check some scientific institutions. Nearby, I saw a building with a ruined signboard on which one can see the word "university". I'll go there.
- Place to go Astrakhan Med. University
Diary of a doctor from Elista
We started to use widely my therapy scheme. But the question of immunity left open. I suppose some people have it, I can't be the only one! We continue our research...
On the trail Edit
Before heading of to Elista you can drop a lot of your gear near Astrakhan as you will be back here again soon.
28) I knew it! I found an another lab in the university (it was a medical university, I suppose). On the table there was the papers with doctor's notes. She talks about more patients cured by her therapy. And another one reference to an immunity... The doctor also considered some people to have an immunity. There is just one question: if some people were cured, where are they now? Probably, they migrated to avoid the radiation injury. Anyway, I have to move on, if I want to find them. The next point of the doctor's notes is Elista (Элиста).
- Place to go Elista
29) I will check the hospital at first.
- Place to go Elista hospital
30) Something is wrong. It seems like my doctor didn't arrive to Elista. I should return to that strange barrier, I saw it on my way from Astrakhan. It was looking queerly indeed.
- Place to go strange barrier
Doctors Diary (Paper Elista)
At last, we got some good news! In the Astrakhan university our collegues started to cure successfully this awful disease. It's very important achievement, because we have lost thousands of people already. Our collegues promised to visit us, but they didnt't arrive. And now, I feel it too. Latent period is over, the disease makes rapid progress. I'm dying. It's too late.
Hint: it is the location with the magnifying glass that you passed to get to Elista
31) It is just a self-made barrier, a simple plank swathed by a red ribbon. There are some dark spots on it, I think, it was blood. But there is one more evidence: a pile of skeletons near the roadside. Maybe there is my doctor among them. But I can't determine it precisely. All these people were probably killed by bandits. There was their camp here with a trap for travelers. The bandits robbed and killed these people, they took their cars and stuff. Well, there is a turning off track, maybe it will lead me to a bandits' camp. I should be careful.
- Place to go Abandoned bandits' Shelter
32) I found an abandoned bandits' camp. There are several different cars here (without gasoline, unfortunately), a lot of stuff, especially of weapons. But the most interesting compartment of bandit's house is a cellar. The iron plate with a big lock surely hides something valuable. I can't open it with my tools. I need to find a grenade, grenade-gun ammo or craft some explosive myself.
- Captive doctors diary (at the Abandoned bandits shelter)
Hint the item you need is in the cellar. but you need to break it open which needs explosives like a grenade. you can find a grenade by searching the shelter as some were left behind.. what luck!
33) Great! The door have just been wrested open! Inside, I found a lot of stuff and something interesting else: diary of a captive woman. The handwriting of this woman is the same that the doctor's one. Maybe she is still alive! Anyway, I will follow the bandits. I should equip myself properly...
- Place to go Orenburg
- Canned beef x10
- Pure water x10
- Saucepan x2
- Makarov handgun x1(broken)
- Assault rifle AK-74 x1(broken)
- Spare parts for light machine gun RPK-74 x1-x3
- Leather hat x1
- Jacket x1
- Gloves x1
- Pants x1
- Boots x1
- Captive Doctors diary
Captive Doctors diary
July 25, 1985. Bandits killed our driver. I was captured. In the first days they just had raped me and made me to cook and to wash. One day, when Ivan was in a good mood, I tried to explain him the importance of my mission. He understood just one thing - that I'm a doctor. They didn't let me go, but their attitude to me became better. However, I still obliged to go to bed with Ivan, but he doesn't beat me anymore and sometimes he ask me if I need help.
August 6, 1985. I haven't had monthlies during a long time yet. Most probably I'm pregnant. Why so? Why me? No answer. This is just my destiny, and I should be grateful for being alive. But the drug is still here with me, and the doctors of Elista might just try to reproduce it according to my instructions. I'll try to call them, if it will be possible.
August 12, 1985. There was a firefight, it seems like we attract too much attention of other bandits. They are everywhere. Petr was seriously wounded. I told I hadn't instruments and medicins required. For a few hours, Ivan drove an ambulance with a young nurse who was badly frightened. Her name is Nina. Together, we put stitches in the Petr's wound. Then they raped Nina. I tried to stop them, but it was useless. How I wish to poison them all... But I would have to sacrifice myself for this. They make me to taste all their food. Bastards... Nina lives with me now. She couldn't stop crying during a few hours before she calmed down. Then she was just sitting and staring in a wall in silence.
September 2, 1985. They don't touch me anymore, because now they have Nina. She never came to herself, never spoke, she doesn't even cry. Today we move somewhere. I heard something about Orenburg. I don't think they want to go directly in the city, but who knows...
Best to head back to Astrakhan as you can only cross the Volga River at Astrakhan or at the top of the green area at Volgograd. If you searched the shelter there is a complete ZAZ-968 so if you have the fuel take the car
34) This is the immense city, where I have to find some evidence of bandits' presence. I start searching.
- Place to go Nurse's grave
The Nurse's grave is located just on the western edge of the city of Orenburg
Too Late Edit
35) I think, it's a grave of the young nurse. The doctor didn't know her family name, that's why there is just a surname on the headstone. Poor Nina... She survived after the apocalypse, but the vile human nature killed her in the new world. This grave with the headstone was made very carefully. The burial must had taken a lot of time... Maybe I'll find more tracks. Bandits surely were here.
- Place to go Abandoned survivors camp
The Abandoned survivors camp is on the eastern edge of the city of Orenburg
36) This house is perfectly fortified. Somebody lived here after the disaster. But now this house is abandoned. Let's look for something interesting.
- Place to go Room of an abandoned survivors camp (western place)
37) I found this woman's diaries. Now it's clear: she is the doctor that I look for. Judging by her notes, she survived and found her own place in the new world. She might be still alive. There is no evidences of disaster here, it looks like the people just gone. Maybe I'll find some other notes or tracks.
- Place to go Room of an abandoned survivors camp (center place)
38) I found some notes about a leader of this base, Igor. What a creepy stories! Now there is no law, no civilized society. And no allusion to where the people gone. I will look for something else. P.S. By the way, the doctor's name is Svetlana.
- Place to go Room of an abandoned survivors camp (eastern place)
39) That's finally a track! They gone to save themselves from bees. Surely, such a leader like Igor, can't let his people die. They moved to find a safe place for a new base.
- Place to go Survivors camp (Magnitogorsk)
The Truth Edit
40) At last, I found these people! There is a quite large base here. I should talk with Svetlana.
- Place to go Svetlana (Talk)
(You see a woman in her early forties. She wears a medical uniform. She looks like a person of a certain determination and force
Hello, soldier. I haven't see you before
- I've never been here.
Welcome to our camp. We always give a shelter to the good people. You could even stay here for a long time, if you are ready to work. What do you want?
- It's you! You had invented the cure for the infection! And then you was taken prisoner by the bandits, you stayed in Orenburg after release and you moved here, to Magnitigorsk because of giant bees!
Svetlana looks at you in mute amazement) [...]
How did you know this?
- I found your diaries in Saratov. I followed you to Orenburg, then I was searching for you everywhere I went.
Amazing... Well, you found me. What will you do next?
- (two questions)
Svetlana will tell you details of what happens "The Truth" After talking to her she and other survivors will off you jobs (Quests)
41) I think, my search of truth is intermitted here. I knew as much as possible, except the origin of virus.
The Quest is Complete