Without spending real money, with a regular playtime, you may get around 4,000 caps doing quests, plus several hundreds from daily bonuses, plus several hundreds from adds, and potentialy several thousands from bandit camps.
See the detailed article about caps for methods to get caps.
Some items are more worth spending caps than others :
- Armors are not recommanded as they can be easily acquired during gameplay. Same for the "popular" tab sets.
- Interesting weapons to buy are expensive, it's not recommanded to buy any weapon if you're not willing to spend real money. Same for vehicles, the ones that would be interesting to buy are expensive (20$ for the Kamaz).
- Some basic constructions may be interesting to buy to save time and ressources, like workbenches or basic ovens. Dugout and constructions above 2,000 caps are less interesting to buy, unless if you plan to spend real money.
- Machine oil is an interesting choice as it can't be traded, and will run out on main routes.
|First Aid kit||Mystery coupon||Chemical suit||Chemistry set|
|Humanitarian aid box|
|Military clothes set|
|Highway armor set|
|Leather armor set|
|Iron armor set|
|Steel armor set|
Machine oil x5,000
|Cement||Workbench||Sewing machine||Chemistry lab|
|Dugout||Wooden house||Brick house||Cellar|
|Brick oven(cold)||Greenhouse||Draw well||Water purifier|
|Forge chimney||Steelmaking furnace|
When searching buildings and roads, you may find a Mystery coupon which will offer a discount for an item from the shop. The amount discounted depends on the type of ticket found.
Coupons may lowerd the price of Chemistry set, Diesel, Gasoline, Pistol ammos (ff to complete the list).
- Coupons used to expire after some time.