Steelmaking furnace scheme becomes available at level 5 Blacksmithing. Like any constructible building or structure, it can not be built on save points, in swamps, on coasts or even on water. Also excluded from this are cities, this rumor is not entirely confirmed, but it would be due to radiation in cities to accept. This is a building that cannot be moved once built.
Here are all materials collected and the area marked for building. When building progress is 100%, the structure is complete.
- Firebrick x10k
- Brick x20k
- Cement x50
- Scrap metal x50k
- Iron pipe x500
- Bone glue or insulating tape x1k
- Firewood x1k
- Nail x1k
- Wire x500
- Auto spare parts x100
- Automotive battery x10
- Machine oil x10k
Additional recommendations Edit
- Main base (at/near Omsk or what you think)
- A light-weight vehicle (fast and fuel-efficient exploration of resid. buildings and such places in cities)
- Interest in everything that is useful as a material (like ruined brick ovens, bricks, scrap metal (disassemble cars), iron pipes, insulating tape, nails, wire and auto spare parts etc.)
- Methods of acquisition of cement:
- Method #1 - either with bicycle and cart as well as basic equipment explore all villages/cities or as much as you can/want. (Food supplies, flashlight with batteries, optional binoculars, tools, bicycle spare parts, machine oil, basic understanding in mechanics and a working alarm clock (sad but real, even these things wear out until decay) :D)
- Method #2 - forge 50,000 nails, exchange 50,000 nails for 2,500 tea in Petropavlovsk, exchange 2,500 tea for 12,500 sugar in Novosibirsk then finally exchange 12,500 sugar for 50 cement in Krasnoyarsk
Once done, get your big vehicle and drive it back to your base because 50 cement is extremely heavy(1.25 tonnes). To get the automotive batteries, collect a huge amount of flour and trade 200 flour for 1 battery in Sverdlovsk (need 2,000 flour total - can be found in many intact houses, canteens, cafes etc) or trade 10,000 salt for 2,000 flour in Tiumen. A huge amount of salt can be acquired by killing strong bandits and collecting from intact houses, canteens and cafes throughout the game. Automotive battery is probably the hardest part of this building.
Finally, achieved this goal. The steelmaking furnace once marked needs to be constructed. To construct it, you need to build it 100 times (or 20 sets of 5 times) which uses bellows and some other bits (shovel, axe, tools?) (lost this bit, but it's easy to achieve once you've done building!) Next step is to kindle:
- Steelmaking furnace x 1
- Scrap metal x 5k
- Coal x 1k (yes, 1,000 bloody coal!)
- Gasoline x 25k
- Steelmaking furnace (smelting in progress) x1
Once smelting, the steelmaking furnace will take 3 days to finish and once finished, it will give you 1,000 - 3,000 steel. So for the purposes of moving city quest, you will need to do this minimum of 33 times, maximum of 100 times. This means that a minimum of 100 days, maximum of 300 days are used - definitely need to find something else to do to waste 300 days worth of time in game. Aside from bulletproof vests and trading 1 rope for 1 steel, this is the only way to get steel in the game - as you need 100,000 steel, it's extremely hard to imagine any other way. Good luck!